What To Do After A Homeowner Loss
- If a loss involves fire, flood, or another dangerous situation, make sure all family members and pets are safe and accounted for.
- If a homeowner loss involves property damage, take practical steps to prevent further damage. For instance, if windows are broken, board them up. The extra cost of preventing further damage is actually included in homeowner insurance policies.
- If and when you can safely do so, take an inventory of damaged and destroyed personal property.
- If there is ever any doubt about whether a small accident will result in a claim, file a claim with your insurance company. Minor dog bites and slip-and-fall accidents are in this category; failure to promptly report a claim could result in denial of coverage.
- Contact your insurance company as soon as possible with the claim details.
- If you need help with any of this, Please Contact Us.
See Also: What to do after a car accident